I'm only having fun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life of a Writer

Go down

Life of a Writer Empty Life of a Writer

Post by Nathaniel Taylor Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:22 am

'There is no idea so brilliant or original that a sufficiently untalented writer can't screw it up.'
-Raymond Feist

I have to agree with this quote, but I also can't help but add that it's not just writers who do this; anyone is perfectly capable of screwing up a good idea in some way.
An inspiration for something that could be the next Mona Lisa could come from a dreamer who has no real artistic talent to get the idea out, some random nerdy kid could come up with the next big science discovery only to end up blowing himself up or whatever in an attempt to show it off because they don't actually have any real knowledge in practical science...or some poor fool could think getting married to the 'love of their life' was a fantastic idea, only to have it blow up in their face a few years -or maybe even months- later.

Even a plan with the best intentions can come crashing down at any moment, even if it’s not by your own doing, or if it is; it’s not always something you can control. I know what that’s like and it’s not pleasant, yet the guilt caused by knowing it’s my fault will linger anyway…
Nathaniel Taylor
Nathaniel Taylor

Back to top Go down