I'm only having fun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the street

Go down

On the street Empty On the street

Post by Skeeter Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:45 pm

(OOC Note: You have to imagine when reading this that it's not the first blog post and your characters reading it have seen past posts...unless they've just moved into town. Obviously there's also more people living in town than official characters, so if you can't put a piece of information to a face, that's probably why.)

Seeing as this is the first blog post of 2013, I guess I'll start off by saying 'Happy New Year'; although not every single person in the town would have had one...

While I've seen some new romances around the town, I've also noticed some ending, or just falling apart piece by piece in some cases. I remember driving by the Lake just after Christmas and catching a glimpse of a wedding in progress, but unfortunately I didn't see who the lucky couple was. Meanwhile on New Year's Eve, I saw a couple break up after having an arguement outside one of the apartment buildings I pass on my way home from work.

I also heard of a new person arriving in Amethyst Lake, having moved here from another town.
I thought it might have been an actual family, but when I went to see for myself, there was only a lone man. He seemed a little nervous whenever someone passed his house as he unpacked his car and gave little more than a mumbled greeting and a nod to a passing neighbour that greeted him, barely looking at them as he did so. Maybe he was tired, or maybe he's just one of those rude neighbours who'd rather not talk to anyone... I guess you'll all have to find out for yourselves.

For those who missed the news last time, Sergeant Johnson has returned home after being gone for the past few years, besides his short visits.
He's hardly the same person you probably all remember him as though.
While he's been discharged from hospital, he's still not 100% and isn't nearly as friendly as he was to most people around here. I tried asking myself why that is, I just got a fairly rude response before he walked off. If you still feel like catching up with your old friend though, I'd be wary, odds are you'll find a different person's taken his place.

In other, cheerier news though; the performing arts school isn't going to be closing down like it had been set to at the end of last year as an anonymous donation was made to cover the funding the place needed to remain open. Also, the stray cat that had been lurking around the school has been adopted by one of the students instead of it being sent off to one of those shelters...

~Skeeter

Skeeter

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum