Just A Dream? (Open M/M)

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Just A Dream? (Open M/M)

Post by Alex Shelley on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:21 am

Dante quietly slipped out of the house and into the garage for his bike. A backpack hung over his back that was filled with his artpad, pencils, a blanket, a few bottles of juice and a lunch he had packed for himself. He was looking forward to going to his favorite spot to draw, down by the lake that Amethyst Lake had been named for. He was sneaking off early because he didn't want to hear his oldest brother and father fighting for the tenth time that week. It was bad enough he had broken up with another boyfriend only just last week, but now Jacen was starting to pick fights with Artemis as well as their father.

Dante left that all behind though as he took off, smiling at the soft breeze that hit him as he took the well known path to the lake. He couldn't help his smile as he pulled up to his favorite rock, it sat just off of the small beach of the lake. The beach was a hang out spot for many people in the town, especially people from the schools. He quickly pulled off his backpack and pulled the blanket out so he could lay it out over the rock. He sat down and looking out over the lake, feeling a soothing calm before pulling out his pad and pencils and started to draw.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just A Dream? (Open M/M)

Post by Teegan Barrett on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:22 pm

It wasn't that he hated his brother, it was just that he didn't appreciate not being able to go into the field of study he wanted to. Being a lawyer would make him money, that was true, and he was good at arguing. But the heart of Teegan Barrett belonged to the stage and when he was not acting, it belonged with whatever foreign idea crossed it.

Today's foreign idea had been an Improv Troop meeting at the lake to earn a little bit of money for the arts. It wasn't much acting but it was something he was good at. Unfortunately, the troop had not had enough members to preform so he was stuck wondering if he could have kept up with them.

The area around the lake was nice and quiet as he leaned back, hands on the grass as his toes dangled into the water. He didn't like nice and quiet. He missed home.

He missed England.

~Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.~

Teegan Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:14 am

Dante sat looking at his art pad for five minutes before sighing, his idea wasn't taking form like he wanted it to. He ran his fingers through his hair as he sighed again, throwing his art pad back in his bag. Slowly getting up he decided to walk by the water for a little while, hopeing that would help clear his mind. He was surprised to see someone else was at the lake, most people useally still at their homes at this time. He wondered if he had ever met the other boy before.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teegan Barrett on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Teegan ran a hand through his hair as he looked around, making sure no one was around. He could get into trouble with his brother if the elder man knew that he was not going to be at the law firm and was skipping class instead so that he could hang out at the lake. He saw a boy about his age who he had never met before and paid it no mind. If he had never met them before, he wasn't at risk of getting in trouble.

Teegan Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:26 am

Dante looked at the other boy with as shy but curiously look. He wondered if he went to the collage like he did, he thought he had seen him around at least. He wasn't sure why and he couldn't help it, but he wanted to draw the other boy. Dante shyly stepped forward, "Hello."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teegan Barrett on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Teegan looked up from the lake and smiled at the new boy. He'd seen him around before when he was poking around the fine arts building. He couldn't help but be drawn there sometimes by music and acting. With a smile, he nodded, " 'ello. I think I've seen you around campus before. You're studying art aren't you?"

Teegan Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:02 am

Dante smile grew a little, "Yes, I'm an art student at the collage! My name is Dante Westmore." He said as he held his hand out shyly. "You go to the collage too right? I think I've seen you around before."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teegan Barrett on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:22 pm

Teegan nodded and smiled, "I thought so. I'm a law major and I poke around the theater building sometimes because it's where most of the people who need law help go."

That was a lie but this boy didn't need to know that, "My names Teegan Barrett."

Teegan Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:37 am

"Its nice to met you Teegan." Dante replied with a smile before pushing a bit of hair out of his face. "I have a question I'd like to ask... It might be a little weird seeing as I've just met you... But I'd like to draw your picture if it's ok?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teegan Barrett on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:39 am

"Artists are inspired by the things around them, it's not wierd," shrugged Teegan as he turned to look at Dante. "You can draw me all you want. Should I take off all my clothes?" He joked of course, he wouldn't get naked in front of a stranger.

It took lots of alcohol for him to get naked in front of a stranger.

Teegan Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:24 am

Dante blushed a bright red at that, "No! I mean no, I don't mean like that... My drawings aren't like the ones from those art classes..." Dante stummered shyly, he figured he was probably joking. But he wanted to make sure.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teegan Barrett on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Teegan laughed loudly, his accent shining through when again he spoke. "No, I know yeh don' mean like tha'. I though' yeh knew I was jus' jokin' with yeh."

He looked down, clearing his through before speaking again, sounding more American. "Sorry bout that man, sometimes I still sound like I'm from home..."

Teegan Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Black on Wed May 01, 2013 10:47 am

"Don't be sorry! I-I mean I like hearing your accent, I don't think you should hide it... It adds to your... Charm." Dante said quickly, the blush still on his face. Honestly he thought the accent fit the young man much better then trying to sound like something he wasn't. He felt people shouldn't hide who they are, even though at the request of his brother he was hiding part of his own self from his parents and most of the town.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teegan Barrett on Wed May 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Teegan brushed a strand of hair back from his face and shrugged, "A lo' of people around here don' like i' when yeh don' fi' int' wha' they think yeh should fi' int'."

He was a bit more at ease now, "So, wha' are yeh wantin' to do when yeh ge' ou' of college?"

Teegan Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Black on Thu May 02, 2013 9:38 am

"I'm an artist, I don't believe in coloring in the lines of what other people think." Dante said with a small smile before answering. "Paint and probably work at a computer store if I have too."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teegan Barrett on Thu May 02, 2013 7:44 pm

Teegan wished he could be as care free as this man in front of him was. He cared about what people thought of him: both his brothers and others. It was part of the reason he hid who he was deep down, what he wanted to do for a living. He was expected to become a lawyer, to find something interesting to do with his life like helping the sick and downtrodden. "That's nice, always need something to fall back on. A career in the arts is a hard one."

Teegan Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Black on Fri May 03, 2013 12:44 pm

"I only took the computer classes to make parents happy, I like computers and everything... But I wouldn't of taken the classes if they hadn't of asked, I think they justed wanted me to have a backup." Dante said with a smile. "I wish I could be able to make a living on my art, but I'm not sure I'd be able to."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teegan Barrett on Fri May 03, 2013 6:21 pm

"If yeh think yeh can' do somethin' yeh won' be able t'," shrugged Teegan, simply reiterating an idea that his brother had taught him years ago. He leaned back against the grass, laying with his hands underneath his head to prop it up. "It's always good t' have a back up."

Teegan Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Black on Sat May 04, 2013 9:08 am

Dante nodded, slowly sitting down on the grass as well. He looked out over the lake, "Is being a law major your backup?" He asked with a curious tilt of his head, the boy next to him didn't have a lawer vibe to him. If anything he would of thought he would of been a little more of a free spirit, of course his vibes could be wrong.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teegan Barrett on Sat May 04, 2013 11:20 pm

Teegan looked down at the ground, "No....being a lawyer's what I want to do with my life..." He couldn't embarrass Wade by telling the truth to soemone he barely knew. He and his brother had a reputation to uphold.

Teegan Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Sun May 05, 2013 9:51 am

Dante nodded slowly, "I didn't offend you did I? He asked, seeing him look at the ground. He hoped he didn't offend him, he didn't like upsetting people.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teegan Barrett on Sun May 05, 2013 8:06 pm

"Nah, you didn't offend me," Teegan smiled at him, "It's real hard to offend me."

Teegan Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Mon May 06, 2013 11:44 am

Dante smiled back at the boy before getting up quickly and getting his pad from his backpack.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teegan Barrett on Mon May 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Teegan smiled, "What do you say to getting something to eat? All I had this morning was a bagel."

Teegan Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Tue May 07, 2013 9:27 am

Dante smiled and nodded, "Sure, I've been out here since about five." He answered.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next