Just my luck (Open m/m)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Just my luck (Open m/m)

Post by Alex Shelley on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:08 am

Adam ran his fingers through his hair as he leaned against the wall, it was the first break he had managed to get all day and he had been working for five hours. He couldn't wait til Jay could start working full time, but he was still in med school and he didn't have the money to hire someone with the other three he had already hired. Sure he supposed he could ask his uncle, but he didn't want have to own him even more then he already did. There was no tell when or how he'd ask to be paid back.

He sighed as after only a few minutes he was called to help, the computers were acting up again. Adam muttered under his breath, if it wasn't one thing going wrong it was another. He wasn't looking as he walked and he walked right into someone, he let out a curse as he hit the floor.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just my luck (Open m/m)

Post by Wade Barrett on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:16 pm

He hadn't meant to have started getting back into bare knuckle boxing. After all, why would he? He was the best defense attorney in the town of Amethyst Lake and the fact that he did such illegal things would surely add to his already negative reputation.

Wade Barrett was not a man who was well liked but he was a man who was well respected.

Sitting in the waiting room of the free clinic, a place he had chose because he would be treated discreetly , Wade was reading up on current events. That damn Boston bombing was everywhere, even in the news paper of this small town.

((If you don't like the bit about Boston, I can pull it out.))

~Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides~
Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:51 am

Adam sighed as he dusted himself off and helped the poor nurse he had knocked down back up. This really wasn't turning out to be a good day, but he still had a lot to work to do. He took the file that the nurse gave him and went to the waiting room. "Mr. Barrett?" He asked as he stood in the doorway.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett on Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Wade stood, towering over most of the men and women who were still in the waiting room. His worst fear was that someone would recognize that name and that whispered rumors would start around town. That was how a man would break, after all. Rumors in this town were like a wildfire, reaching everyone and burning the one who the rumors were about.

"That's me," he gruffly said, his voice still full of his English accent.

Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:35 am

"I'm Doctor Copeland, please following me to my office sir." Adam said as he looked at the taller man before looking down at the file in his hand. Looks like it was his first visit to the clinic. Adam started to lead the man to his office.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:51 pm

Wade attempted a smile at him, realizing that with his missing tooth he looked slightly creepy before deciding that a nod was all that was needed. "Thank you for seeing me today Dr. Copeland. I rather appreciate it."

Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:35 am

"No problem, I'm glad to be of any help I can." Adam said with a smile, he opened the door to his office and held it open so Wade could enter. He pointed to the the chair on the side of his desk. "So how may I help you today?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Wade nodded and sat at the chair that was on the side of the desk, "I was playing around with a buddy of mine and I got hurt." He lied smoothly. Being a lawyer allowed for that.

Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:44 am

"What did you hurt Mr. Barrett?" Adam asked as he started to take notes for his file on Wade. He noted that he seemed to have a faded briuse on his chin and wondered if it was from the same 'friend'.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:40 am

Wade looked into his lap, not wanting to admit what he had done. "Broken nose, only know because I've broken it before. A bruise on my chin but not a real problem. Lost a tooth to and I think I may have dislocated my knuckles."

Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:45 am

Adam whinced slightly as he listened to the damage that had been done, "Your friend is good at hurting people I see..." He said with a soft sigh, "I guess I should start by checking out your hand then."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Wade saw him wince but honestly, the damage was the least painful thing that he had ever done before. He held out his hand, the knuckles being much bigger on the right hand then they were on the left. "Well...he's a trained cop..." Wade lied again. "They don't hurt that bad actually, if you could just patch them up, I can go right back to work."

Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Black on Wed May 01, 2013 11:00 am

"Maybe your friend should learn to hold back when he decides to roughhouse..." Adam murmured under his breath, if he hadn't known better he would of almost though it was abuse. But he had plenty of fighters come through his clinic with the same injuries and he was pretty sure that despite what the man said he was in great pain. "I need to make sure you didn't do anything worse then dislocate them and then I need to reset your nose. And find the number of a buddy of mine that can fix your tooth."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett on Wed May 01, 2013 7:19 pm

"The nose is no issue," Wade shrugged, use to the pain in his face. The nose had been broken in several fights in the United Kingdom and he wasn't going to let anyone ask further about what he had been doing to sustain such substantial injuries to his body. "Besides, my friend and I play around like this all the time. He jus' got a little more violent than usual. He's going through a bad break up."

The lies rolled off of his tongue like honey, he could thank the lawyer in him for that.

Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Black on Thu May 02, 2013 10:30 am

"Going through a bad break up isn't a good reason to hurt someone... There is never a good reason to to what this guy did to you..." Adam murmured as he started to reset the knuckles.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett on Thu May 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Wade didn't wince in pain, true to his nature of being a boxer. Instead he kept making conversation with the interesting young doctor who was doing it as if nothing was going on, "You're running a private clinic. Why?"

Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Black on Fri May 03, 2013 1:03 pm

"I've always enjoyed helping people, mom was a nurse so it seemed fitting I'd become a doctor. This clinic started out as an idea of my mother's, she wanted to be able to help whoever needed it." Adam answered as he worked.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett on Fri May 03, 2013 6:19 pm

Wade nodded, "Helping people is a normal cause. Especially in a world such as today's society. You're a good man, doctor, the world needs more like you who are dedicated to those who need it."

Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Black on Sat May 04, 2013 10:33 am

"Good... I've never really thought of myself of a good man before... Everything I do is normally just to help... Never thought that made me a good man..." Adam murmured to himself, he'd never really taken the time to think about it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett on Sat May 04, 2013 11:18 pm

Wade smiled, "Well the things you do make you a good man. I have a feeling you're a damn good boyfriend to whatever girl you're with."

Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Sun May 05, 2013 11:28 am

Adam gave a small smile at that before answering, "No, no girlfriend. I'm single... I've not dating in close to six months since my last boyfriend." He started wrapping up Wade's hand.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett on Sun May 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Wade looked at him, "Last boyfriend, eh? You're gay as well. It seems to be a common occurance in this town. Not that I mind. You like who you like and no one but you should be able to be worried or offended."

Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Mon May 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Adam smiled, "Its not often that someone is so open about who they are in this town, nice to see someone else so open."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett on Mon May 06, 2013 6:53 pm

"It's who I am," shrugged Wade, "No use in hiding it. Sometimes the judges take pity and I can get away with a lot more than I usually could." He had just laid what he did for a living out there and was hoping that Adam hadn't caught it.

Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Shelley on Tue May 07, 2013 11:56 am

Adam finished his wrapping up Wade's hand, "Nice to see not everyone is afraid to be who they are, I've seen a lot of people in this town hide a lot."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next