Heart Of Iron (open)

Go down

Heart Of Iron (open)

Post by Dia Banks on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:41 am

Working ninteen hours a day was the only way that Dia could take her mind off of the things going on around her. Moving into town had been a big step after she got divorced from a man who she swore was her high school sweetheart. She had kept swearing until she caught them in bed together a week after the birth of their son Louis. It had broken her heart and she had to run away to somewhere where she could never be found.

On top of working, she went to school. It was a hard time to do all of those things but she managed to keep it up. Her son was five now, just getting to be a social butterfly like she was when she was younger. These days she kept to herself and her son, making sure not to do anything that wasn't going to help her or her son.

Rolling out from under a car, she wiped a her hands on her jeans and walked over to the rest area. Her son tottered over, having been inside watching Spongebob while she worked. "Mama diwty," he wrinkled his nose. "Awsh."

"Awsh?" Dia smiled, laughing at how her son said wash. "I'll wash when we get home."
Dia Banks

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heart Of Iron (open)

Post by Nathaniel Taylor on Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:09 pm

Though he'd been living there for over a month now, Nathaniel was still yet to see most of Amethyst Lake. Besides his small home, he'd only really been to a few of the local stores and the medical clinic. He'd never even been to the lake the town was named after, which he kind of felt guilty about, yet never made any effort to change that fact. Most days he just stayed inside, writing. Yes he should be out looking for an actual job, but he preferred to work on his writing.

He'd been a journalist before moving to Amethyst Lake and still had money saved from the job, which led him to continually putting off getting a new job, even though his old boss had assured him it would be easy for him to start working in journalism again, only obviously in a different location to where he used to.
The problem was that he hated journalism, but it was easier to make money off then writing novels was.

The blonde sighed as he stood on his front doorstep, having finally convinced himself to at least go and check out the office where the local paper was written. He went and collected his bicycle from his garage, having been to lazy to get his car fixed, even though it hadn't been running properly since he'd moved there and rode into town, pausing outside a place that did car repairs.

Mentally cursing at himself, Nathaniel decided to go in and look around, anything to put off going to do what he had meant to.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Banks on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:33 pm

"How about we get outta here and we get some pizza, Louis?" Dia asked as she locked up the office, her sons hand in hers. "Would you like that?"

"Za!" Louis shouted, smiling up at his mother. The two were a sight to behold, a loving barely teenage mother and her son. She kept walking with him, smiling until Louis whimpered. "Mama...man..."

It took Dia a moment to process what was meant by that until she saw the stranger in the garage. He was a very frumpy man and he looked as if he hadn't slept in a while. "Can I help you sir?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Taylor on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Jumping slightly when he heard Dia's voice, Nathaniel quickly turned around to look at her.

"Oh, um I-I'm sorry..." He mumbled nervously, brushing his blonde hair off his face with one hand, briefly studying the woman's appearance, noting the dirty clothes and the young boy by her side. "I just... You work here, right? I moved here recently and I've been having trouble with my car..." He said as he looked around, hoping he didn't look as uncomfortable as he felt in the unfamiliar place.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Banks on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:15 pm

Dia smiled and held Louis' hand. Usually she was fine with strangers and while she didn't mind him, there was just something different to him. She knew Louis, unlike most children his age, was a lot more inquisitive about the things that went on around him.

"Don't be sorry, I just didn't know anyone was here," smiled Dia warmly as she looked him over. She had heard about him moving in, or at least she thought it was him from the way he looked, having heard there was a new writer in town. It wasn't fitting to judge someone by appearances but the way he was dressed coupled with his personality made Dia think writer.

"Yes, I do work here. We're closing up shop for the day but I'd be more than happy to help your situation," she smiled as she extended her hand, "I'm Dia Banks."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Taylor on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:16 pm

"Oh, I'm sorry... I should have called out or something." Nathaniel apologised, smiling a little in response to hers. Looking at her again, Nathaniel thought she didn't really fit the mechanic look, doubting he'd have guessed she was one if she hadn't been wearing her dirty work clothes. Compared to the one in his hometown she looked far too friendly to be working in such a place.

"Uh thanks..." He replied, frowning slightly as she offered her hand, trying not to look uncomfortable as he hesitantly stepped forwards to shake her hand. "Nathaniel Taylor."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Banks on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Dia shook her head, "No, no it's okay. Not many people call the shop anyway, I'm pretty much out in the community helping out." All of her life Dia had dealt with people not thinking she looked like she should. The job of a mechanic was definitley a field dominated by men who were big and burly, yet Dia was petite and well groomed.

"Why don't you come grab some pizza with my son and I? You can tell me what you need done to your car there."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Taylor on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:43 am

"Oh...are people around here just that lucky with their cars?" Nathaniel asked, used to seeing at least a few people in such a place each week; though the place he'd moved from was a bigger town than Amethyst Lake.

"I don't want to bother you," He said in response to the offer of pizza. "I don't even know what it is that needs to be fixed I'm hopeless with cars."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Banks on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:05 am

"Pretty much but then again there aren't that many people around here," shrugged Dia. She had lived there her entire life before moving away to have a family and moving back when she was divorced.

"You're not going to bother me," shrugged Dia, "It's Louis you have to worry about."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Taylor on Thu May 02, 2013 2:54 am

"I guess that would affect business a bit." Nathaniel said, nodding. He frowned slightly afterwards, realising just how out of touch he was with some things in the world.

"Louis...?" He said after a pause, almost forgetting for a second that the boy was there. He looked down at the boy and gave a small smile before speaking again. "...why would I have to worry?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Banks on Thu May 02, 2013 7:42 pm

Dia nodded, "It's a slow business but it's something I love. I'm working on rebuilding an old charger I found on the side of the road a few months back. Dunno if I'm gonna sell it when I get done or if I'm gonna keep it and add it to my private collection."

Louis grinned up at the man, "You diffewent. I no see diffewent befowe."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Taylor on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:55 am

"Sounds a lot like what I do with my writing; the choosing to keep it instead of selling it that is..." Nathaniel said with a small smile, which faded slightly as he went to respond to Louis.

"Different? ...what do you mean by different?" He asked cautiously.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:36 am

"So you're a writer, that must be exciting," Dia smiled as she talked with him. "I've never...Louis Scott Banks! What have I told you about saying things like that?"

Louis puffed out his lip and crossed his arms, "I didn't mean it bad. I wike him. He make me smiwe. He diffewent like I diffewent. He not a coow kid. He a webel."

~Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides~
Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Taylor on Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:43 pm

"Uh...it can be," Nathaniel replied, shrugging his shoulders before jumping slightly when she snapped at her son. "It's fine...I guess. But uh, different's not always a good thing..." He added, glancing at Louis as he responded to the comment the boy had made.

He went to look at his watch and frowned slightly, realising he'd forgotten to put it on when he'd gotten up. "Do you know what the time is by the way?" He asked Dia as he looked around, hoping to find a clock somewhere.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carter Lacroix on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:16 am

"Being diffewent is a good thing mistew! That's what my mommy says!" Louis proudly replied, crossing his arms over his little chest as he looked at the much taller man. "If you diffewent then you should be pwoud about it."

"What do you write?" Dia asked, smiling at him before looking down at her watch. It was engraved, one of the few things that her ex-husband had given her that she just couldn't seem to get rid of. It was like a faded memory that just wanted to hang around. "It's about 8 now. Did you have somewhere to be? The diner's closed but there's this little pizza place over on fifth street that has nice food."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Taylor on Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:06 pm

"I suppose I should be, shouldn't I?" Nathaniel said with a small smile. He didn't have the heart to tell the kid that he didn't think his kind of different was really that good at all.

"Uh...well I try to write stories, but lately they haven't gotten very far." He shook his head at her question afterwards. "No, no. My story's not going anywhere, it won't miss me for a few hours. Pizza's fine with me."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Banks on Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:31 pm

Louis chuckled, "Uh huh! Diffewent is good. I mean, just cuz I don't got no papa-"

"Hush Louis," Dia spoke as she looked at him, "Stories are always fun. Anything I would have read?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathaniel Taylor on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:31 pm

"Stories are, if you find the right kind for you." Nathaniel replied, shrugging his shoulders before answering her question. "I dunno, I haven't really done anything too big yet, mostly just things in magazines, or stories almost no one actually ever admits reading. You know, the kind where the author appears as a guest in a book store and get asked 'who are you?' more than they get actual fans seeing them."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dia Banks on Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:24 pm

"Oh I'm sorry," Dia frowned, "If I had read your stories, I'd probably admit to reading them. I mean, I haven't read any that I know of. I don't read magazines all that often. And as long as you don't write crappy vampire stories, it would be fine."

"Ummm, momma said a bad word," Louis sing songed.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down