Today In Group

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Today In Group

Post by Garrett Byron on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:36 pm

"Wow, that makes a lot of years ya'll have been together," Garrett smiled as he looked over Seth, "So tell me...and you don't have to say anything if you don't want...what sent you to therapy?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:01 pm

"Yeah, it does... Letters and emails help with that, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to speak to her at all for a long time." Seth said with a small smile, though he let out a small sigh afterwards.

He ran a hand through his short hair, going tense at Garrett's question. "The...the therapy?" He said, suddenly nervous. "Um...it was the..." He started before trailing off, holding his injured arm protectively against his body as he did so.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:17 am

"Letters and emails...we should hae kept in touch using those. I just kinda dropped off he face of the planet when I moved to New York City," shrugged Garrett.

Seeing the look on his friends face, he decided to share first. "Jacquelyn was murdered..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:18 pm

"It probably would have been a smart idea, huh?" Seth said, brushing a hand through his short hair. "I didn't even think to do that with anyone besides my girlfriend..."

He nodded at the confession at what happened before actually realising what Garrett said before freezing, staring at his old friend with a surprised look. "She was? Oh man...I'm sorry...." He said quietly, lowering his head. "...is that why you were in there?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:41 pm

"Yeah, I mean, you were my best friend in high school," Garrett chuckled, "had it not have been for you, I never would have gotten my diploma. I would have dropped out my junior year."

There was a moment of slight hesitation before Garrett nodded, "Partially. Jacquelyn...she was pregnant when she died. We were gonna have a baby boy. I was on this case...a killer who we hadn't caught yet...after I found her....the Commish had to remove me from the case. I'm still looking..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:45 pm

"Oh come on, I doubt it was really just because of me..." Seth said, brushing aside the comment about their high school years.

As he listened to Garrett explain what happened, Seth watched him with a sympathetic look, showing the caring side most people they'd gone to school with had rarely seen, if at all. He stayed silent for a minute afterwards, not exactly sure what to say.

"...so the asshole's still out there...and you're looking for him after being told not to?" He eventually asked, speaking slowly.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:07 pm

"It was totally because of you," Garrett replied, though he was now more focused on the serious part of the conversation. Every time he talked about his wife, he thought of the moment that he found her.

It had been a long day at work and Garrett was getting sick of the case. The same sicko had been trying to recreate the murders of Jack the Ripper but instead of using prostitutes, was using single mothers. He found it sickening that someone had that inside of him.

Arriving home, he could tell something was different. Jacquelyn was always there to meet him when he got home, usually with a tale of what she did earlier that day to get ready for the birth of their kid. This time, this day, she wasn't.

Being a cop, his first instinct was to pull his gun and get ready for the worst. The worst was exactly what he found. His wife, his precious wife, was laying on the couch, throat slit. He panicked, trying to stop the bleeding first before calling 911.

It was to late. She had died only a few moments before. He swore from that moment on he would catch the bastard that did it, even if it meant risking his job.

"Yeah...yeah the assholes still out there. I don't care if I was told not to or not, Jackie was my world."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:39 pm

"I can understand that..." Seth said, slowly nodding. "You'll have to be careful about how you do it though. I doubt she'd want you getting hurt over it." He added, hoping Garrett realised it was simply a friendly warning and not an attempt at ordering him around. He'd had that issue with some people he'd worked with overseas; they'd assumed just because he was a sergeant that everything he said was meant as an order.

"I mean, the guy had to have known you were a cop right...?" He asked after a brief pause.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:32 pm

"I know she wouldn't want me to get hurt," Garrett sighed as he sat back. He had heard so much opposition to what he wanted to accomplishment and the worst was that's not what she would have wanted from you. "But she didn't want to die yet. She had everything to live for. We were gonna have a real family..."

"He knew I was a cop...or at least I think he did..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:36 am

Seth nodded, silently staring out the window for a few minutes before he said anything else.
"I could help maybe...if you wanted..." He said slowly, his voice quiet. He waited a little before glancing at Garrett, trying to guess what the other man was thinking as he watched him.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:37 am

"You could help me?" Garrett asked, raising an eyebrow at him. "You could make something of yourself here and you're offering to come help me track down a guy I don't know the first thing about?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Thu May 02, 2013 2:39 am

"I don't need to make something of myself here, I've had my time to do that overseas," Seth said, shrugging his shoulders. "I like my job so I'm not planning on finding another, but they won't let me back until I finish that stupid therapy, I need something to stop me going mad from boredom until then..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Thu May 02, 2013 7:41 pm

"Seth, I'm not going to send the guy to prison when I find him," Garrett admitted, not taking his eyes off of the road as he drove. "When I find the bastard that killed my Jackie, I'm going to make him wish he was never born and then I'm going to kill him."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Wed May 08, 2013 12:46 pm

"I know." Seth said quietly, nodding. "I guessed as much. That doesn't mean I can't help you at least get on the right track to finding the guy though."

He sighed, reaching his uninjured hand up, running it through his short hair. "...you know if they find out you did it, you'd get in trouble even if he did kill her, right?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Wed May 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Garrett nodded his thanks, his hand gripping the wheel tighter as he drove, "Without Jackie I'm nothing Seth. I'm not a decent cop, I'm not a good husband. I'm literally someone whose just living until he can find the right time to die..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Thu May 16, 2013 9:43 am

Seth raised an eyebrow. "Decent? How are you only decent? I doubt that after seeing you while we trained together." He said. "I get that though, I'd probably be the same way without my girlfriend...despite recent events..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teegan Barrett on Mon May 27, 2013 6:52 am

"I'm not even decent, I can't follow directions obviously. I should have been able to catch him before...before..." Garrett had to pull over to the side of the street, his eyes full of tears. He felt pitiful. "Recent...recent events? Is everything okay?"

~Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.~

Teegan Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Fri May 31, 2013 1:11 am

Seth let out a sigh, reaching out to put a hand on his friend's shoulder after he'd pulled over. "Hey, it's not your fault," He said, having to close his eyes briefly to stop himself rolling them. He was probably the last person who should be telling someone that. "She wasn't the kind he'd usually go for, right...?"

At Garrett's question, Seth tried not to laugh, raising an eyebrow instead. "You're seriously asking me that now? Are you even okay?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wade Barrett on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:20 am

Garrett sobbed into his hands, feeling like a little girl. Had his father still been alive this would have gained him a slap on the back of the head and an argument. "I feel like it's my fault. I should have been there. I knew she was his type, knew that if she wasn't safe she was a potential target. But I ignored it. I thought because she was a cops wife, my wife, she was safe. I was stupid..."

He wiped his eyes and looked at his friend, "I haven't been alright for a very long time and I don't know if I'll be alright again. But tell me, what's eating you/"

~Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides~
Wade Barrett

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:30 pm

"No Garrett, it's that asshole's fault for doing such a stupid thing in the first place!" Seth replied, trying not to start panicking, or telling him off; not liking seeing his friend this way.

"I doubt it." He sighed. "Because honestly, I'm not entirely sure which is worse. We'd probably both say our own ...problem, for different reasons, but others might think otherwise..." Seth trailed off, nervously playing with the chain that hung around his neck.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carter Lacroix on Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:13 am

Garrett wiped the last few tears that dotted his eyes, his eyes that usually were incapable of feeling any emotion but rage, and looked over at Seth. "I know it's his fault...I know. You're dodging my question. What have you been hiding? Why are you here?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:22 pm

"I-I'm not hiding..." Seth said after a moment, as if he'd misunderstood the questions. He hadn't though, more reassuring himself that he wasn't than anything. "And I'm here because I live out here."

He looked down at his hands, frowning as he thought about it. Besides the doctors who'd been looking after him and needed details on what his injuries had been caused by, Seth hadn't really spoken about what happened to anyone. The most his girlfriend had even managed to get from him was a very vague version that didn't really explain anything.

"Well...I was out in the field..." He started.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carter Lacroix on Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:38 pm

"You've lived out here but you left to become a military man. You left here, which was good for you."

Garrett didn't want to push his friend but he wanted to know about it. He wanted to know why his friend had changed so much. "You were out on the field?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Seth nodded slowly, shifting in his seat. He hesitated before saying anything, running a hand through his short hair and taking a deep breath first.

"I was leading my men on what was ...supposed to be a rescue mission..." He said quietly, looking down at his injured hand.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Carter Lacroix on Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:41 pm

By the way that Seth acted, Garrett knew that there was something wrong. After all, you didn't have to be a cop to see when you're best friend was in a bad mood. "What do you mean supposed to be?" Garrett asked, looking at him.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next