Today In Group

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Today In Group

Post by Seth Johnson on Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:23 pm

Seth froze, frowning as he looked at his old friend. "I didn't mean hers," He said quietly, almost mumbling, which in the past he'd never do, known for being talkative and often smart-mouthed.

"I would never insult her cooking, she'd probably kick my ass if I did that. But I know my own cooking's bad..." He added as they headed outside. "Well that depends where we're going. Knowing my luck, half the places to eat around here have changed since I went away."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:56 pm

Garrett nodded, his eyes low as he thought about it. "Well I know this nice place right outside the city limits. I stopped to eat on my way in to therapy this morning. I'm sure they'd have something a military man can eat."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:14 pm

"Sounds good to me," Seth said, nodding. "Food isn't always that great when you're in the military though; best meal I've had in a long time are those cooked by my girlfriend, not sure when I last ate at a restaurant...unless you count McDonalds'..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:39 pm

"I wouldn't know that," shrugged Garrett, "closest I ever came to military is when we were in the academy together and I was thinking about joining. Life...well...life took me in the other direction and I've been trying for ages to keep it that way."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:46 am

Seth slowly nodded as he listened, frowning as he looked at Garrett. "What exactly happened with that anyway?" He asked, looking worried after having seen him in therapy. "How'd avoiding that lead to beating up a guy exactly?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:44 pm

Garrett was torn. He didn't like to lie, having had to do enough of it when he had first left the New York Police Department. On the other hand, he didn't want to tell anyone about the events that had led up to him coming here. It was a dark past, something he wanted to keep hidden to himself. "I'd rather not talk about it..."

With the worst of luck, he hoped that his old friend would think it was something as simple as divorce.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Seth frowned, but nodded anyway. He was curious to know, but decided not to keep asking, guessing that like himself, Garrett had a perfectly good reason to not want to talk about what happened.

"So...um should we head off then?" He asked after a silence, hoping to lighten the mood a little. "Before it gets too late." He added, not sure when exactly the place Garrett had suggested closed.
Seth Johnson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:59 pm

Garrett looked at him and nodded before checking his watch, "It's 6 now and I don't think the place closes til 8. We should make it in decent time."

He turned on his heel, walking rather briskly through the hall. He hoped Seth would follow him. He didn't mean to seem rude and crude but he wasn't one for sticking around to long anymore.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:26 pm

"Well unless we somehow manage to get totally lost..." Seth muttered, though in the past he would have said it more as a joke than anything else.

He frowned slightly before following after Garrett, giving up on his attempt to remember the way they went in order to keep up, unable to concentrate on both after the incident he'd had earlier.

"Hopefully I'm not parked too far away from you." He said once he caught up.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:05 pm

Garrett gestured to a small Toyota Camry, "That's mine. Had that thing since I was 18."

That was a long time ago and Garrett had just made his best attempt at a joke. He hoped Seth knew that.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:52 am

"Seriously?" Seth asked, raising an eyebrow, not realising he was joking. "It's uh...kind of small don't you think?" He asked, trying not to pull a face at it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Garrett laughed, a real laugh. A laugh that he hadn't laughed in years. "Seriously. It's small but then again, wouldn't anything be small to a military boy like you?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:34 am

Seth pretended to look offended, playfully shoving his arm, chuckling. "You're just jealous because you don't get to ride in helicopters. Not everything we use is bigger you know. You never had to sleep in a tent for police work did you?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:29 pm

"Nah never had to sleep in a tent," Garrett nodded, "but on a stake out once I had to sleep in the back of a cab. You know how cramped up that is? Your legs just don't seem to bend right after that."

He smiled and took out his pack of cigerattes, "You don't mind do you? Nasty habit, I know, but it's a habit I picked up on the force."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:35 am

Seth pulled a face at the idea of sleeping in a cab, thinking the tents were bad enough. "Yeah I can't imagine that being fun at all..." He frowned before shaking his head.

"No, it doesn't really bother me, I've been around worse things..." He replied, trailing off as he watched Garrett, slowly starting to zone out again at the mention of 'worse things'.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Richards on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:23 am

"I had a Charlie horse in my leg for three days straight," Garrett laughed as he took a puff of his cigaratte. When Seth zoned out he frowned, snapping his fingers in front of Seths' face, "Hey, you okay?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:24 pm

Seth jumped in shock when Garrett clicked his fingers in front of his face, the suddenness of it bringing the sergeant back to reality. He blinked a few times to clear his mind before slowly nodding.

"Yeah...I'm fine." He almost mumbled, not looking directly at his old friend as he spoke.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:56 pm

"Your not fine," Garrett thought to himself as he looked at his old friend. He seemed the same man as he was all those years ago but something inside of him was different. He had changed.

"So, what do you do for fun in a small town like this?" Garrett asked as they got into the car.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:44 pm

"Uh..." Seth started before pausing to actually think about it. "That's not so easy to answer when the little time I've spent back here's mostly been in that place...Knowing my luck all the places I used to go before I went away are gone." He replied, glancing back at the hospital, frowning as he did so.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:29 pm

"All the places we use to go?" Garrett frowned, thinking sadly when he thought about the place he first met his wife and best friend were gone, "Even the high school. Did they remodel it or something?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:14 pm

"I honestly couldn't tell you, I haven't really had time to go look around town since coming back. ...Honestly, this is the first week I've even been staying at home since coming back." Seth admitted, looking away with a frown. "I doubt they'd touch the school though, but it wouldn't surprise me if a few of the other places we used to hang put at are gone."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:39 pm

"Man," Garrett frowned as he thought about all the places they hung out when they were growing up. "Remember how much trouble we use to get in when we'd egg old man Flair's house. Heard he died not long after we moved out. Kinda made me sad. Like we were the only things he had left in this world to keep him goin'."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:26 am

Seth chuckled at the old memeory, though his smile quickly faded when Garrett mentioned Flair had died.

"Wait...what?" He asked, hoping he'd heard wrong. "He died? Nobody ever told me that...then again no one's really told me much of anything about this place, besides the few things my girlfriend mentioned in letters while I was away..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett Byron on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:35 am

"Yeah, old age. I mean, he was 90 when we were kids. He was much older by the time we moved out of town," he smiled as he opened the door for him. "You still dating the same girl you were dating before we left town?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Johnson on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:30 am

"Oh, true... not really so surprising then I guess." Seth said, nodding afterwards in response to the question Garrett asked. "Yeah, I am." He answered with a small smile before getting in.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next